(Serves 5 to 6)
|Rice (fine quality) Cleaned
|Oil / Ghee
||(½ – ¾ cup) (150g)
||(½ cup) (100g)
|Potatoes (Coarsely Chopped)
|Tomatoes (Coarsely Chopped)
||2-3 Nos. 150g
|Onions (Finely shredded rings)
||2-3 Nos. 150g
|Ginger (Finely chopped)
||1 ½ Tbsp 2 inch long Piece (30g)
|Garlic (Finely crushed)
||1 ½ Tbsp one pod (25g)
|Small Green Chilies (Whole)
||(6-8) Nos. (25g)
|Green Mint (Finely chopped)
|Green Coriander Leaves (Finely chopped)
|AHMED (Sindhi Biryani Masala)
||One packet (60g)
- Thoroughly wash the rice and then soak for (15-20) Minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of cooking salt and soaked rice to (6-8) Glass of Boiling water.
- Drain the extra quantity of water. Cook on high flame till rice become half tender.
- In ½ cup of Oil/Ghee fry onion till golden brown.
- Add Meat, Potatoes, Ginger, Garlic, Yoghurt, Green Chili and AHMED sindhi biryani masala and fry for (10-15) minutes.
- Now add (2-3) Glass of water and cook till meat become tender on cooking only half cup of gravy shall remain.
- Speared tomatoes, green coriander leaves and mint on cooked meat and cook at very low flame for another (10-15) minute do not mix meat and green masala.
- Now speared boiled rice over green masala fry small quantity of onions in (1/4th) cup of oil/ghee sprinkle over rice. Simmer for (15-20) minutes
- Mix meat and rice before serving.
Delicious sindhi biryani is ready, serve with raita and salad.
- To make Biryani more colorful sprinkle yellow food color at the time of simmer.
- (½) cup (125g) peas, (1-2) medium carrots and (1/4-1/2) medium size cauliflower can also be used together with potatoes if available.
For Milder Hotness:
For those who take mild chilies & salt, half the quantity of the given recipe spices can be used. Salt may be to the requirement.